Money Mondays: It 'pays' to look up family & friends | News
Tampa, Florida-- 10 News' most recent Money Monday segment shows those searching for unclaimed cash why it's never a bad idea to look up the names of friends and family members too!
On Monday, March 11, Heather surprised Carole Armenio in Tampa
with more than $5,000 that was sitting in an unclaimed account mainly from investments.
Though Carole has lived at the same location for more than 10 years, it's likely the state ended up with the check because of a typo in her address.
While looking into Carole's unclaimed cash, Heather figured it wouldn't hurt to run a search of her deceased husband's name. And her extra efforts paid off- literally- because she was able to uncover another $342 for Carole!
When asked what she plans to do with the extra cash, Carole told us she would like to use some of the money to visit her sister in Ohio.
Florida's unclaimed cash and property division receives money all the time, so it's worth searching your name, and checking your relatives' names while you're at it!
- Money Mondays - How to search for unclaimed cash
- Money Mondays- Beneficiaries with unclaimed life insurance policies!
- Money Mondays- Even 10 News employees cash out!
- Money Mondays- Proper docs needed to claim cash
- Heather finds almost $100,000 in unclaimed cash for our local school system
- Money Mondays- How will those schools spend that cash?!
- Money Mondays- Step-by-step instructions on how to search for cash